griot: Jalikebba Kuyateh – singer, kora player, songwriter [repository]
- jalikebba, kebba kuyateh, jalikebba kuyateh, griot, gambian music, afro-manding music, singer, kora-player, composer, ensemble leader, media repository, portfolio
- Digitizing sponsor
- sponsors, supporters and promoters are welcome!
On Jalikebba Kuyateh
— Prefaced: At first we thank the Internet Archive for their kind services. Currently new international contacts to booking and managing agencies, concert and festival organizers, promoters, record label, music trade on earth are sought prudently by the artist. More detailed descriptions and further video uploads (file transmission currently slow in progress) in this portfolio will follow during the next hours and days, video clips might become re-ordered… You can also visit the artist's authorized homepage at jalikebba.com and his official Bandcamp and Soundcloud profiles – please support the artist and his musical work! (Redaction September 5th to 7th, 2022.) [Google Inc. Translator help? Traduire!]
TEN FACTS ABOUT JALIKEBBA KUYATEH
- Jalikebba Kuyateh was born and brought up from a griot family in The Gambia; he began to play his instrument, the Kora, at the age of ten years.
- Jalikebba is already popular in his country and played almost all its cities in The Gambia and in Africa at large.
- He started living in Germany more than four years ago.
- In Germany, Jalikebba built his international band called Afrikora and played at several platforms in Germany and Europe with this band.
- Jalikebba shared stages with lots of international stars including his own cousin Sona Jobarteh.
- Jalikebba plays Kora, sings, and he composes.
- Jalikebba created a band with different nationalities to be able to have different ideas of different cultures in one group.
- Jalikebba and Afrikora produce world music: music that could make you dance and to make you relax.
- It is always beautiful to see Jalikebba's movement on stage whilst playing, singing and the same time dancing.
- What instruments can you expect on the stage when Jalikebba performs? Kora – balaphone – bass guitar – drum set – percussion.
BOOKING FOR CONCERT, FESTIVAL AND CEREMONIES & GENERAL INFORMATION ON AND CONTACT TO THE ARTIST AND TEACHER
Note for the year 2022: Currently new international contacts to booking and managing agencies, concert and festival organizers, promoters, record label, music trade on earth are sought prudently by the artist himself – please call him personally or write a message to Mister Kuyateh directly:
- Telephone: +49 (0)176 30 55 48 53 (direct calls) /
- WhatsApp: +49 (0)152 51 57 45 42 (WhatsApp only)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Via Facebook: jalikebba.kuyateh (profile and blog pages, Facebook messaging system and network)
- Bandcamp (new; support the artist a little hereby): jalikebbakuyateh.bandcamp.com
- Soundcloud (latest 2022) portfolio: soundcloud.com/jalikebbakuyateh
- Current website: jalikebba.com
A current PDF presskit on the artist and his current musical album are available here and here – feel free to contact him directly, so to contract musical recordings, concerts, festival participation, interviews, personal meeting and musical education: private musical lessons…
JALIKEBBA & Afrikora. Griot – singer, kora player and songwriter from The Gambia with band performing Afromanding songs on social vices, education, love and union as here merely pop-oriented music, that derivced from the traditional music of the Manding empire in line-up: Jali Kebba Kuyateh kora/voice, Ralph Leonhardt bass guitar, Kay Rost / Lanceï Diabaté djembés, possibly additional guest musicians (cf. Jalikebba & Friends, below, concert duration: as contracted 30, 45, more than 60 minutes; honoration: at minimum a regular artist tarif plus travel costs).
JALIKEBBA & Friends. (Again, the) Griot – singer, kora player and songwriter from The Gambia, here as improvisator in free ensemble (Afromanding songs and improvisation on classical West-African tunes, experiments, sessions). Collaborations with European and American musicians include until now so Karl Blütgen (drums), Thomas Campbell Tyler-Williams (bass guitar), Roberto Fratta (percussion), Shaun Gracie (voice/percussion), Sam Jarju (guitar/kora/voice/percussion), Kalilu Kanuteh (kora/voice), Ralph Leonhardt (bass guitar), Isías Lubo (violin), Arba Manillah (voice/guitar), Noma Nkwali (voice), Kay Rost (percussion), Diego Villa (percussion), Mauricio Vivas (accordeon), Christian Walter (keyboards, accordeon, flute, saxophon), with Afrotuba (Republic of Poland), Pappajan & The Music Doctor (United Kingdom of the Netherlands), The Toubabs (Sweden), Wontanara (Leipzig) and many musicians not named here, for instance from The Belgium, Spain and Switzerland – many thanks to them all!
JALIKEBBA & his Sutura Band at The Gambia are still active; information on his meanwhile nine (!) music album releases is provided on request…
MUSICAL TEACHING OF THE KORA INSTRUMENT. – »What’s a Kora? The Kora is a Westafrican harp of the family of bridge harps or harp-lutes. It’s the highest developped string instrument of Africa. The construction of the instrument as well as the music are unique in the world. The Kora is found in all Mande cultures. It is played by the Mandinka in Gambia, Senegal and Guinea Bissau, the Malinke or Maninka in Guinée, the Bambara or Bamana in Mali and the Dioula in Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast). Though, it’s Gambia and Casamance (South Senegal) where it has the greatest importance for social life. The Kora has a centuries-old tradition and has been played at royal courts, where the musicians and griots belonged to the personnel. The Kora was mentioned 1799 for the first time in literature by Mungo Park in Travels in the interior districts of West Africa as korri. The Kora has a big hemispherical body, a long neck and two planes with 11 and 10 strings running in notches at the sides of an upright mounted bridge. The playing style resembles the fingerpicking blues guitar, the placement of the strings allows for the playing of chords and harmonies and fast melodic runs…« – Learn far more than this by the musical master!
Privately Jalikebba teaches interested students in the musical playing of Kora and Djembé now also at Leipzig. Please feel free to contact him for further information on this…
Invitation and encouragement for international musical students (lessons in German, English and French, West-African and more languages, musical instrument provided for lesson).
Help will also be provided to purchase West-African musical instruments from The Gambia legally and trustworthy.
Annual percussion, music and knowledge courses at The Gambian side.
Performing at Leipzig/Germany, July 30th, 2022 (YILP 1000 Drums Festival)
Please share this ressource – many thanks!
- Contact Information
- (in description)
- 2022-09-05 12:09:32
- (in description)
- tesseract 5.2.0-1-gc42a
- -l eng
- © Jalikebba Kuyateh 2022ff. – All rights reserved.
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.7.0
H.264 Uplevel BACK
39.4Mlive in Germany download
H.264 IA Uplevel BACK
121.9MJalikebba Kuyateh with SalaamBand 'Mus kebba' 11.2.16 Tujering Nursery School-uSQcIaz-Mu0.ia.mp4 download
ITEM TILE Uplevel BACK
MATROSKA Uplevel BACK
MPEG4 Uplevel BACK
20.8Msasa jawbaa.mp4 download
PNG Uplevel BACK
Uploaded by YILP International on